The Veterans' Memorial
The monument is located in Iron Horse Park at a point where Interstate 80 crosses U.S. Highway 83 in North Platte, Nebraska (map). This prominent location and the easy access from these heavily used travel arteries make it convenient for thousands of interested individuals to pause for a commemorative moment at the Veterans' Memorial park.
The Memorial Monument highlights:
20th Century Veterans' Memorial Association
- All of the Men and women who served before and during the Twentieth Century and those who serve now.
- Each branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- A graphic depiction of all of the armed conflicts of the Twentieth Century.
- A very special commemoration of those men and women from the Nebraska area who gave their lives for the winning of peace and the maintaining of peace during this highlighted Twentieth Century.
- A fitting recognition of those wonderful people who developed and served the Canteen that encouraged more than six million military men and women as they passed through North Platte on troup trains during World War II.
The Price of Freedom
Our great nation, the United States of America, was born in the midst of a struggle for freedom.
As we enter a new century and a new millennium a look backward reminds us of the price that has been paid by the millions of loyal Americans who entered into military services of our nation to secure and maintain freedom. We are humbled when we think of those who have given their lives in behalf of freedom.
The Price of Peace
Peace does not come cheap. The peace that we enjoy as a nation as been won on the battlefields of the World and maintained during peacetime by the military forces of our nation and the massive support team that stands behind them.
An Opportunity of the Twentieth Century
America's Twentieth Century Veteran's Memorial will become a reality when hundreds of individuals decide to make a significant commitment to this worthy monument. Our commitments will be made in one or more of the following ways:
- Gifts in kind are equally significant. A gift in kind is a gift that is not cash but can be converted to cash. This may include stocks, bonds, debentures, real estate, coin collections, estate jewelry, vehicles, donated labor and services, etc.
- Gifts in Time and Talent will help insure the successful completion of the America's Twentieth Century Veterans' Memorial.
- Your positive voice will motivate others to participate in this opportunity of the century.
If we do not do it NOW, Who will?